Skip the grocery store and artificial dyes and come by Cup of Tea for natural alternatives. Using tea to dye your Easter eggs gives a more earthy hue, saves your hands and clothes from getting stained by any dyes, and you can still eat the eggs afterward!
What You’ll Need
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Loose leaf tea – we recommend:
- Try out Current Affair for red
- Tropical Sky for yellow
- Butterfly Pea Flowers for blue
- Butterfly Pea Flowers with John Lemon
- Rooibos for orange
- Matcha for green
- Jar for each tea flavor
How to Dye Eggs With Tea
- Add 3 tsp loose-leaf tea to a jar.
- Fill the jar with hot water.
- Add 3 tbsp of vinegar.
- Place a hard-boiled egg into the tea mixture.
- Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove eggs and pat dry.
Choose tea over dyes this year, and tag us in your efforts @cupofteaoregon